Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

They Grow So Fast!

It used to feel like it would be ages before Soren would be going to Kindergarten, yet today that day did finally arrive. It seems like he is excited, he was up at 5:45am due to that, and nerves too I suppose. He is very happy to have his friend Alma from Dodge Nature Preschool in his classroom. We love that the class is only 18 students and his teacher, Mr. Jeremy, is wonderful. I have to admit that I am sad about loosing the freedom of adventure we had, running around town and doing fun things. I feel a sense of loss that the 5 day a week schedule for the next 13 years now brings. At the same time I know we are off to a good start and that Soren is well prepared and I feel blessed for the time we had these last 5.5 years.

Sevi also has his first introduction to preschool today. He will be attending St. Kate's Early Childhood Center. It also is a great school, right across campus from where I teach in the Art Department. He walked right in and got right down to business playing. I think the adjustment for him will be a easy one and I am excited for him to have his own new peer group.

Soren outside his school on his first day of Kindergarten.
Soren and Alma last week at the Kindergarten Round-up.
Soren giving a final wave as he enters the school.
Sevi outside the Early Childhood Center.
Getting to work at the painting easel.

0 comments: