Recent Posts

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Photo Booth Quest


I had this quest that as a photographer I needed to fulfill. I wanted to find an old time B&W photo booth that kicks out pictures in strips of 4 to document my final days with Randy and my belly. Over the years, Randy has been very helpful and accommodating when it comes to my photo quests that need his assistance, but by bar #3 he was ready for my obsession to be over. We first hit the Kitty Kat Klub where the photo booth needed it's rollers cleaned and hence left black marks all over the image. The next day I called the number on the machine and found out there were two more booths in town - I was in luck. At Nyes Polynaise the photo booth overexposed the images, then cut off the final image. Strike 2. We headed down University Ave. to the Turf Club, talked our way out of paying the band cover charge, and hit the booth. With a few side streaks from development - it worked. Mission Accomplished.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

did your belly button pop out?????? you look so beautiful! I'm so happy for you both, kris and I will be making our way up to the twin cities jan 20-27 I'll email you soon with a more details. would love to see you, and your new place, and of course yours and randy's new collabrative piece of art. much love
patrick