Recent Posts

Friday, May 16, 2014

Mama The Artist

As much as I love being a mother, it is nice to be recognized for what I was and represented prior to children, a photographer. I have spent the last three years documenting abandoned resorts on a quest to create a body of work and receive a Minnesota Start Art Board Artist Initiative Grant. My dream came to fruition in 2013 with the award of $10,000 and a solo show to display the work, titled The Last Resort. It was a wonderful evening the night of my opening. I was surrounded by work I was proud of and family and friends who supported and loved me. Most of all I want to thank Randy, who encouraged me to stick with the project, traveled with me to find new resorts to shoot and to help im my final editing. Thanks to the love of my family I can continue to be the mother and photographer that I am.
Gallery Entrance
Sevi and Liz are the first entrants to the opening.
Soren and Andrea
Bob, Gramma and Andrea
Jeff, Andrea, Randy and Liz
Andrea and Alex
Sevi and Soren
Randy and Andrea
Advertising sign on the Augsburg Campus

0 comments: