Recent Posts

Sunday, August 29, 2010

True Confessions


If I am to be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to the summer, especially with a frustrated and angry 3 year old. The picture does not lie to how quickly Soren could run through emotions. The summer was going to be filled with long hot days, just me and the boys. I was eager to sign Soren up for preschool camps to get us through it all. With a busy summer of art camp, science camp, swim classes, camping and week long trips to the cottage, Soren has blossomed. He loved all of it, adapted to each new environment like a champ, easily making friends and coming home with great new concepts and adventures. Now with summer ending, I am sad to see it go. It is like a magic switch went off once he hit 3 and a 1/2 years of age. He is full of great ideas, can make up wonderful rescue make believe involving police, firefighters and ambulances, and makes Sevi and I laugh and smile throughout the day. There is even no more hitting in the house. The icing on the cake is his daily commentary of "you are the best mom in the whole wide world". Now I know fully well that I am not, but for now in the eyes of a 3 year old, I'll take the compliment and sign off to a fantastic summer.

0 comments: