Recent Posts

Friday, August 13, 2010

Just What The Doctor Ordered


Sevi and I have been in Arizona for the last week helping out my dear friend of 35 years with her round of chemo. Sevi has been in top form loading up Wendy with lots of smiles, hugs and laughter, providing her with the additional smile therapy that can only help. While Wendy and Sevi are on the same nap/hanging on the couch and exersaucer schedule, I keep on top of the feeding, food prep and clean-up schedule. While Wendy was hooked up to the chemo Sevi and I adventured out in the 108 degree heat to the Desert Botanical Garden along with some stroller walks to the nearby Red Box and Sonic for my sweet tea. As unfortunate as the circumstances are to bring us here, we have been having a great time just hanging out like the old days back when we were college roomates at the U of MN. I have enjoyed catching up on movies and spending some quality 1:1 time with child #2, a rare treat. We head home tomorrow and will miss our time with Wendy and dodging in and out of the hot desert sun.






0 comments: