Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The Expansion of Love


I have noticed an interesting correlation between the expansion of my belly, tied in to the decrease in the size of my lap, and my anxiety over loosing the quality 1:1 time I have with Soren. Soren has adapted to physically squeezing around the oversized pumpkin that was once my lap. I am the one hung up on the psychological squeezing in and expansion of how can one spread such great love between two children. I am often asked if Soren is excited about the baby's arrival and all signs indicate he is. But the reality is that I know there will be a lot of adjustments that will need to be made by all of us and that all of our hearts will grow with love. There is still something about that loss of individual attention a first child is blessed with by the arrival of a sibling that pulls a string of sadness in me. So I have been soaking up the moments of love and attention that Soren and I share, the quiet snuggles and toddler questioning that has taught me so much yet makes me excited in sharing this bliss with the baby.

1 comments:

Laura L said...

Can't wait to see and hear about the new addition to the randreafam. Tell Soren his new room looks fantastic!